I say this with respect, because I hold Ed T's contributions and experience in extremely high regard, but that load in that pack looks a little "slumpy". The top of the pack drooling back and away from your head doesn't look very comfortable to me.

I know that my dana externals an internals will keep things in a nice rigid column with up to and including ludicrous loads (like the boned neck, backstraps, brisket, tenders, and misc. flanks and such from a big moose - loaded to overflowing the ancient Dana alpine I picked up for $50 on craigslist - I only had to carry that one 3/8 mile on flat hard ground).

I'll be interested in seeing additional pics of that rig loaded heavy with a typical one-trip load on other big one-trip animals.

Dana terraframe with same:

The cape was dried to the state of a popcorn fart, and the clothes on the drybag were very light as well. The old sheep guide bush pilot complimented me on the substantial meat haul - he was worried I shot a goat out of season before seeing the sheep horns at the airstrip. His words: you brought out a lot more than some do...

Attached Images
The pack.jpg (97.07 KB, 574 downloads)