i stand corrected Oldelkhunter . a 800 dollar TC better be a darn good one .

Businesses fail though for many different reasons.
A company can market a good product . But if they do not sell enough of that product to support the way the company is run . Well then the company goes under .
Even well run companies can go under if the product price is to high .
Remington though , has played this game before and cut and run then .
Same with Ithaca and Winchester .
They were smart enough to get in and get out once a decline was seen

Originally Posted by bigblock455
i found a website selling tc hawkens for $795! Talk about the company taking a few hundred extra bucks!

This morning I did a quick check on the cost of an encore. . Not that I wanted to buy one . I just wanted to see what they were running .
Scoped . They are at some places pushing the 7-800 as well .
While I sit here in total disbelief . I gotta at the same time shrug and saw ; if people are willing to pay then so be it .
Then I did a quick look for the TC hawkens rifles both kit and finished .
I was amazed to see that a couple places were indeed trying to get away with selling the flint model at the 7-800 mark . But there were also far more places still selling the caplocks at around 300- 350 and the kits 250-300 . So im thinking at least concerning that rifle . If your paying 7-800 , you just didn�t look around

But at the same time . Im wondering if this isn�t just a way for S&W to proclaim that the economy was the main reason for their loss of sales . Thus take a bigger write off loss ..
Not saying that�s the case . Im just thinking out loud .

On the other side . big block , have you taken a look at buying even a traditional Pedersoli model as of late ? Boy you want sticker shock . that�s the place to go .

interesting times we live in thats for sure

Last edited by captchee; 12/13/10.

[Linked Image]