actually the bolt action is the 4th generation of inline ignitions and Tony night is way , way down the line in that production .
types of bolt action inline flintlocks were the first generation and they started out clear back in the early 18th century.
those were later converted to cap lock . right around the same time as Purdy and pauly started hammer type inline ignitions .
those fell short as the bolt action needle guns came along ..
in the late 1970s there where also plunger type designs .
there also was a number of us who toyed with conversions of both lever and bolt action conversions from center fire .

Tony Knight followed those and gets the credit of picking the ball up and running with it .
but he is in no way the first

I would like to see a breech loading Sharps style rifle that can be easily reloaded from a portable tree stand that uses a 209 primer.

Doc

A friend of mine has a breech loading sharps . Its one of the Pedersoli carbines .
I believe its an 1859 if I recall
She is a 54 cal and can be loaded either from the muzzle as a muzzleloader or loaded from the breech with a paper cartridge or lose powder by using a loading rod . basicly a short starter but its used at the breach to push the conical a given depth .
It does use a musket cap . But one could most likely come up with a 209 conversion for it with little work .

Last edited by captchee; 12/14/10.

[Linked Image]