Originally Posted by Bauer
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Bauer

I wouldn't begin to place Coleman and Kampfeld into the ranks of douches like Echols and Simillion.Colemans too honest for one thing.Coleman summed it up best when he stated that a good riflesmith is nothing more then a good machinist.If Coleman and Kampfeld would simply baffle more people with bullsh!t,raise their prices and implement the 82 trick moves they might could some day become like Gene and D'arcy.

Melvin Forbes would be a good example of someone who actually has a clue and provides a real product,rather then a [bleep] over rebuilt rendition of a factory action.On top of that Forbes rifles are a bargain at the price.I've got two of them and would say they out perform anything Echols and Simillion have managed to modify..I've had a couple dozen so called customs and when it comes right down to it,the biggest improvement any of them provide over a factory rifle is the ability to vary barrel contour and add a mickey stock.

Only on the internet could the simplicity of a bolt action rifle be complicated enough for the need of spending $14k.

Hell bob you not only went with some half assed chambering like the mashburn but also used Simillion.That's like bragging about the length of your wife's peter.

Well Bauer once again nothing much of any substance except casting aspersions against guys you don't even know,and whose products you have absolutely no experience with,buttresed by the story of a ficticious retired executive who was unhappy.....(I mught add that the experience you cited amounts to nothing more than hearsay;at least my experiences with Gene are first hand knowledge,unlike yours, which would not make it to first base in an evidentiary sense,so you are sunk there).....

As to bragging on the Mashburn and comparing the rifle and load to a non-existent peter,I think if you are at all intellectually honest you can read my post and see that there was no "bragging" involved,merely a recitation of fact...

And in order to demonstrate your vast experience in these matters,you toss in a couple of NULA's ( a fine lightweight rifle BTW)that uses Douglas barrels and Timney triggers(BTDT),with a nicely machined little action,and good stock, but that seems incapable of surviving a single dunking in salt water before the trigger turns to rusted rubble...this isn't Melvin's fault for sure; his action does not have a trigger.....in any even I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Even at 60 I can make it up a mountain at 9000 feet with a 7-8 pound rifle...... smile

In eny event wrestling with midgets and playing "20 Questions" with idiots is not my strong suit;I could give your posts more consideration if you could string together a series of cogent thoughts and substantive criticisms without punctuating them with misspelled obscenities,and sexual innuendos, but I suppose that is too much to ask...... eek

At the end of the day, I guess you are asking who I am to believe......my pals who have Echols Legends,and Alan Day(rest his soul)................................................................................or you smirk

I don't need a CF Poll to figure THAT one out.... laugh

Don't include Allen Day in this.The guy was little more then a aristocrat wannabe operating off the money generated from selling his parents west coast acreage during the housing boom.It was well known that he was over extended and heading for a crash.But he was the epitomy of the type who buys a $14k M70.

Having been present when Gene gave his lame excuses for a non functional rifle,not once but twice and later shooting that rifle after a smith with half a clue properly mounted a scope on it,I'd say I've seen enough of Gene's work in the first hand to conclude that I wouldn't waste my own money on it.Of course the rifle in question was built in response to the owners friend having bought a Legend which I also shot.

On the subject of the NULA's,neither one has a douglas barrel on it and I highly doubt the Timney triggers will cause any issues.Funny you would whine about douglas and yet mention Mickey Coleman who has openly praised douglas barrels.
Just how much salt water are you exposed to bob?Your idea of western hunting bob is riding around in a pick up outside of Casper Wyoming on a private ranch zoo hunt? I've no doubt you're capable of riding in a pick up or atv to elevations of 9000 ft.

Bob it goes without saying that there's a plethora of things that aren't your strong suit,with intelligence being at the top.

you crossed a line....enough!!!![bleep] enough..................