I agree wholeheartedly, it is a better support. The reason I consider it a "false shoulder" is because it is essentially shouldering in the lead of the neck and not resting on its actual shoulder. To my knowledge there isn't a way to create a second shoulder on the existing shoulder proper nor am I aware of any cartridges that have twin shoulders or a sizing die made to do so. The sizing die either doesn't contact the actual shoulder or it does and may subsequently bump the shoulder back.
Depending on your viewpoint another possible benefit to the sizing method you describe is the cartridge isn't resting on the bottom of chamber when discharged. I've heard that brass doesn't expand equally around its entirety when resting on the chamber bottom and might cause brass to be slightly out of round after having been fired. I can't substantiate that but, someone else might be able to and weigh in on this also.
It's food for thought.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member