Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
yes just be sure you have inside the neck lubed good too i seem to sometimes have trouble "pulling" the shoulder foward (lenghten)
in the weatherby cal. guess it is the radius shoulder ? or maybe just me

I have found Wby/Norma brass to be very soft, which could be your problem "pulling" the shoulder fwd. The radius probably doesn't help. It's so soft you can bend the neck with your thumb at times.

I've experienced case lengthening in the resizing process also. I'm also somewhat OCD with "Roy" cases and Norma brass. What has helped me at times is I use a bronze bore brush of the appropriate bore diameter and brush the inside of the necks first, roll them across the lube pad, then I dip the necks in a dry lube, then into the sizing die. The fly in the ointment of PFL sizing is that eventually, depending on your rifle, the case, and the hardness of the brass is that you will have to fiddle with resetting the sizer down enough for the cases to chamber. I have had 2-3 firings in some calibers before having to do this, 5-6 in others. IME every rifle chamber and make of brass has been different, and setting the sizer down or up has been adjusted accordingly.
At todays prices of premium factory fodder, the extra work seems, at least to me miniscule, but Hell, I enjoy doing it anyway
I guess reloaders are twice paid grin

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member