There are as many theories as to which is "better" as there are reloaders and just as many ways of doing it...bottom line is "whatever" works for you is good for you and maybe not so good for someone else.

I use Redding Comp shell holders or grind the bottom of my dies or set headspace correctly in the rifles I build in the first place...and Savage nut system solves that problem fairly well...I even used barrel nuts on a couple of Rem's and Rugers and left off the nut on as many Savages...just to see...but the easiest and quickest is to use the comp shell holders or grind and be within 0.002" shoulder setback which is plenty for all except maybe competition. I DON'T partial or neck size only for ANY of my rifles...for my purposes both of those methods are unacceptable.

Part and parcel of this game is "playing around" with different "things"...bullet seating, sizing, powder and other components, dingle-dangles for our shooters, different types of crowns, barrel lengths, and all the rest.

I don't think there is any really "right/wrong", "best/worst" etc, just different levels of subjectivity and requirements.

Try'em all.

Luck