Originally Posted by rusty75
I have a winchester 70 classic stainless .270 and am looking to replace the factory plastic with a higher quality synthetic stock. I came across stocky's website and they have the B&C Medalist available for a little over $200. Is this a decent stock? My classic has 2 piece bottom metal and the website says i will need to swap to one piece to make it work. What is the least expensive way to swap to one piece bottom metal?

Inletting is pretty straight forward with the Classic into the new EW stock. I used a 1-pc bottom unit, but spacing out a 2-pc bottom unit is simple. You can fabricate a simple spacer from a washer, or you can purchase the aftermarket spacer as noted earlier. The rifle in the pics below is a 416Rem with a 375H&H contour using a forward barrel lug. If that thing can be made to fit, you'd have zero issue with a Classic .270Win.

Good Luck smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood