Originally Posted by JMR40
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I've got two, one for a M700, and one for a Savage 110E. I really like them both. Just like a slimmer HS, but with checkering, and a better recoil pad. People praise Mcmillan, but they are more than twice the cost, and take 6 months to get. Not to mention, the two mcmillans I owned were not inletted right, and the finish looked like crap.

I initially had some bad experiences with B&C. Some of the newer stocks are better, but I still don't see any advantage to buying a B&C over most factory stocks. If I want a sythetic the primary reason is to cut weight. A McMillan edge my cost 2X as much, but it will be a full pound or more lighter than a Medalist. Saving $300 is not a bargain if it offers no advantages over what I already have. I wouldn't buy a standard weight McMillan for the same reason. If needed a replacement stock and weight were not a factor I'd just buy a $100 Boyds laminated stock.

I do not believe your experience is relevant to the 3rd Generation B&C Extreme Weather stock made for SC-Winchester which can be purchased through Stocky's. This later stock uses a full length 7075-T6 bedding chassis that runs from the wrist all the way to the forend tip. This chassis is extremely stiff so the forend is therefore extremely stiff. The experience you describe is with a different B&C stock unrelated to this SC-Winchester stock. As to weight, I just inletted one from Stocky's for my M70 416Rem which has a 375H&H barrel contour. The stock ended up 28-ounces. I do not see how it is physically possible for an Edge to go a pound lighter. The best I can see would be for the Edge to run in the 22-24 ounce range saving maybe an additional 4-6 ounces. But, it would be impossible for my application as an Edge would not be strong enough to hold up to the recoil of my 416Rem. But, the full length chassis of the SC Winchester EW stock is strong enough to hold up to the recoil.

Your Dad's Medalist is a heavy stock that may be lacking, but it is not the same stock as this newer 3rd Generation EW made for SC Winchester.

Best smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by GaryVA; 02/18/11.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood