So we left that area and worked our way back towards the middle of the area we were hunting. We found quite a few Oryx, we just couldn't turn anything up that was bigger than the first bull that was passed first thing that morning. A lot of 30-35" animals, beautiful but not what she was looking for on a once in a lifetime tag. We had seen probably 70 animals on Saturday.

We knew going in that Sunday was going to be tough, the forecast called for wind gusts up to 55 mph and they weren't wrong. The first few hours were ok but around 8 that morning it became ridiculous. Snow came down sideways and the dust was stirred up, it made glassing difficult! Even in adverse conditions my friends daughter didn't waver on what she wanted, a bull bigger than what she passed on Saturday morning or she was happy to head home empty handed. We finally found a group that held a big bull and a stalk was made, unfortunately there were other hunters that saw them on the other side of the mountain and when we crested the hill they were gearing up for a stalk so we let them go as they were closer at that point. We found a few more groups and there was a 38"+ cow that would have taken lead had she stood still but it didn't come together.

We were down to our last hour and a half and made a run to a spot that had some thick brush down in a draw, there had to be water in there. We located a group that had a large bull in it and it was on! They made a run while I went to high ground to glass. The oryx were feeding right towards them and the wind was perfect! When it all went down she couldn't see the oryx when she was on the shooting sticks so she finally said screw it and stood up and dropped that bull offhand in pretty stiff winds at 100 yards! This little red head is a natural born killer!

Her bull is just a shade over 38" and was the 2nd largest oryx taken on the entire hunt. There were 79 hunters on the range and 53 oryx were killed and she hunted as hard or harder than anybody else! She held out for what she wanted and it paid off!

Pics coming when I get home