Originally Posted by huntsonora
Sure enough, the oryx started moving our way just like we hoped they would and started to come up a draw that would lead them right under us and allow for a 250 yard shot. �They are coming our way when they stop and look directly below us, we couldn't figure out what was up with that as we were not skyline and tucked into some cover. �No way they had seen us. �They stand there and stare when we look 200 yards below us and to our right and see Taulmans spotter running down the hill to try to spoon the oryx back to Taulman who was now down on the flat and glassing back our way. �I yelled at the kid to sit the F down and quit moving, which he did, but it was too late. �The oryx were bumped out from underneath us. �I was so mad I couldn't see straight! �I thought we would see him again and I knew it wouldn't be a good experience if I did but we never crossed paths again the rest of the hunt.

The spotter kid is lucky he didn't find himself "between" an oryx and a hunter when the hunter decided to shoot. Obviously you wouldn't have had the girl shoot the kid (and I wouldn't either), but he might be surprised at how many folks might decide to shoot "past" him, given the circumstances.

Is George Taulman the outfitter who caused Arizona to require a hunt applicant to buy a license as a prerequisite for applying for a tag?