Originally Posted by medicman
I am a bit odd I guess but do not have a desire to own a particular rifle because of its famous history.

I think I kind of agree with that... When first I saw this thread, I thought of all the fine rifles I've read about, TR's Big Medicine, JOC's .270's, Any of Elmer's big bores...

Then I thought: "What would I do with them if I had them...." Likely any of them would just sit in one of the safes like dozens of others... I have my own .405 "Big Medicine", more .270's and 7x57's than I'll ever use... And yes, I have my share of big bores, as well... I think some of them would make Elmer proud... More than any of the guns, I'd much rather share a pot of coffee and an afternoon of conversation with any of the above...

I've done that with one retired writer, and I have one of his custom rifles that I purchased from him. That is one day that stands out as one of the highlights of my life. Perhaps the time will come I can do that again... I'd cherish that... smile

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"