I know a lot of folks like the 120 grn ballistic tips, but I've had such bad results with them in the .260, I simply have zero faith in them now, and refuse to use them ever again.

3 years ago, my wife and I gave them a try in the Kimber .260. Federal premium factory loads. Out of the 6 deer we shot with them,mostly does, only one fell short of 100 yrds from where it was shot.
Nearly all were broadside shots from 70-200 yards. Some were high shoulder, and a couple were just behind the dhoulder blade.
The BT also accounted for the ONLY deer I've lost in 40+ years of hunting, and several 100 deer killed.

I've since gone back to the 120 grn TSX. My wife and I have killed around 20+ deer with the .260 and 120 grn TSX, and it's worked perfectly every single time. We've had 100% complete pass thrus, out to 340 yards, which is the longest shot we have on our property. We've shot just about any angle you can think of, except the "Texas heart shot". Full facing, quartering away, broadside, it simply works, and does it's job to perfection.
Exits are usually about the size of a silver dollar, and the innards are usually mush.
Alot of it has to do with what you have confidence and faith in.
I KNOW, when I settle the cross hairs on a annimal with the TSX in the chamber, it's dead, and it ain't going anywhere. There's no need for me to look for anything different.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by santeerangerman; 03/09/11.