Originally Posted by navyman20
U got a point there jeff, ive decided to keep the 300 a lil more meat friendly im gonna got w/ a 180 grain bullet, either nab/nbt(for practice and deer) or the hornady interlock...gonna see which one the ruger likes and go from there..but im not counting out the 200 grain nab just yet, bc it def would hit like a mack truck and anchor about anything..just for an idea of what kinda load for the 200 grain nab, what do you run for yours jeff? Powder/amount,coal,and what rifle/barrel length is it comin out of? After lookin at the 200 grain accubonds yesterday in person they def have my attention

�� This is a hot load so work up !!

73 gr RL22
Win brass
Fed 215 mag primer
2940 fps from a 26" barrel

COAL is over 3.6" and puts the bullet ogive right up at the lands (long throat) but that's something rifle-specific obviously. I'd expect 3.6"+ to be too long for many/most 300WM's.

The thing is, there's overkill then there's overkill. Overkill with velocity and especially velocity and a fragile bullet combined, can make a real mess. Overkill with more bullet weight and the resulting lower speeds is just overpenetration. With a bullet like the Accubond, which will fragment some, it's still going to kill fast. So in this particular case I see superior short-range performance AND superior long rang performance. Win-win.

I could make do with 180's <grin>; that's a great way to go too.

I was shooting my 300WM today in fairly blustery conditions; those 200 NAB's really drill the wind.

All just IMHO and hey- I'm no expert here, just chipping in with what's working for me and why.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!