Dirtfarmer and navyman, you guys are making excellent points as far as relaoding. Another thing that comes into play is if you load for more than one rifle (say 3 in my case) in the same chambering. When I reach for 30-06 I want to know it is going to work flawlessly and accurately in every 30-06 I own. I've got 3 308's I've also worked up loads for and they shoot great in all 3 rifles (sub moa). Once you find that "perfect" load that works in 3 rifles then you'll know what work is grin. There are so many variables that I've had to play with to do this, but it is well worth it in the end: Some of the variables to consider: chamber dimensions, freebore, bedding (even changing how far under the chamber area you bed can effect accuracy), freefloating, forend tip pressure, twist rates, and many many more to consider. Thankfully I've only got one 300 win mag and it seems to be fairly easy to load for (accuracy wise) if you keep velocities up near max grin.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA