Here are the pics:

The Shiny-varnish stock s the later model by serial number. Both guns have a weird code stamped into the barrel that cannot be deciphered.

This pic shows both guns and you can see the rear sight types plus a bith of the barrel shanks differences and safeties:
[Linked Image]

This shows the buttstock of the early .270 & �06, look at the wood that was considered average/economy back in the day!
[Linked Image]
Butt on the �06:
[Linked Image]

this shows the slight difference in the safeties � on the .270, that is a bit harder to get to and I bet that is why ot changed:
[Linked Image]
note that I have seen several 270 mod. 50�s, and they all have this style safety.

Here is the Receiver detail of both � as you can see, they are nearly the same, witht the .270 on the bottom, note that the mineral streaking in the top gun turns into this pretty mottled streak in the forearm area:
[Linked Image]

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.