PJH

I cant tell you anything about the CVA your looking at .
But there ARE a lot of folks making posts to you that do have actual experience with it .
Swamps not one of them IMO .

Yes you can google and find issues with CVA . Your even going to find a given person who as was said makes his living from other manufactures kickbacks .
It should be noted that this same person can be remembered by many folks around different campfires , when he himself was asking questions on subjects . So I would point out that while he has written many a book . It doesn�t mean he has any real practical knowledge either.
But that�s all another topic .

IMO this whole quality issue is nothing more then desperate attempts by given manufactures , to do everything they can to hold onto a market .

CVA has been around longer then a lot of the people on this forum . Say what you like , but the fact still remains that while companies like Knight , have closed their doors , CVA is still here
Even when CVA was sold , it was bought up quickly . When CVA shut down their traditional lines . Those lines were also Picked up . Not so with other companies .
doesn�t that seem kind of an odd thing to have happen if all the roomer and Internet Bla bla from a few folks held much weight.
has CVA had problems , sure . but as was said by another poster . so has just about every manufacture if they have been in business for very long . Sadly , a whole lot of those issues also come from operator error . Other times its not .

My advice to you would be to listen to folks like smokepole , bigblock Oldel , Savage .
IMO they wont play games with you and will give you advise based on actual experience .
Also if you think they are partial to the CVA , ask them about a different maker . Be it Knight , Savage , Remington � . Any one of them I believe will do their best to give you information that they know , or at least tell you they don�t know

Last edited by captchee; 05/14/11.

[Linked Image]