Just to be clear the Model 43 didn't use exterior ballistic calculations to come up with downrange numbers, it measured the downrange numbers using sky screens and an acoustic target. We only needed to enter the distances and conditions into the program running on a laptop which was connected to the 43. Fire a shot and the measurements were displayed in a second or two including where the bullet went through the target even though there's nothing there but air.

Being the algorithms are not visible in most exterior ballistics software the only things I can judge a program by are the results. For trajectory I find that nearly all programs now produce nearly the same numbers out to well past 1000 yards and are within a small percentage for velocity at that range.

You plugged Art Pejsa's software, so I guess it's safe to offer my favorite. What sets one program apart from another is the interface, outputs, tools and features. In that regard my favorite program is the one Ken Oehler sells on his site, which is called Ballistic Explorer.

Those familiar with Ballistic Explorer know how MacLorry got the equal TOF numbers he posted. The same tool can take several of the BC values Sierra publishes for their bullets and convert them into a single G1 BC or even a single G7 BC. I've been playing with that for the last hour to see how such a conversion works down into the subsonic range. No conclusion yet, but it's interesting to be able to do such tests when they can be done easily.