Bryan,

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass. Some of us have too much time on our hands in the summer and end up imposing on others busy pursuing their careers. You could be correct that the discrepancy I'm seeing is the result of the TOF method optimizing the BC to match the trajectory, while your method better matches remaining velocity. Without a source of sharable high quality raw shooting data there's no way to pin this down further.

I have argued that optimizing for trajectory is better than optimizing for remaining velocity, but as you can see from many other comments in this thread, that's a subjective discussion that leads to colorful put-downs rather than a definitive resolution.

I have shown in an easily verifiable chart the uncanny 2 to 1 relationship of G1 to G7 from Mach 2.6 to 1.7. That chart gives insight into why G1 is as good a predictor of VLD bullet trajectories as it is, and also shows why testing must be done outside this velocity range to detect which drag function best matches an actual bullet.

I hope you don't feel this exchange has been a complete waste of your time, but likely it will become so without a source of raw shooting data we could both work from. I'll leave it at that.

Best wishes,