It's a snap...run a 300 Win Mag case through the form die, then the trim die...next FL die and charge your FF load if you want to do it that way.

I hear some others simply run 300 win mag brass through a Mashburn F die, and let it go at that...I'm going to try that as well.

BTW the FF load is as fast at milder pressures than what 280AI's strain at the gills to get.Perfectly useable for hunting at that stage.The load Dober gave me does 3190 with the 139 Hornady. That works...

OR, you can charge the case with 13 gr Bullseye,dry tumbling media,large pistol primer,and have nice new, perfectly formed Mashburn cases.

Why do it? well you don't have to...but it is not true the 7RM is as fast...it is not, unless you really lean on it....the case holds more powder than either the 7mm Weatherby or the 7RM, not as much as an STW.

It gives 3200-3250 with a 160;3050-3075 with a 175 easily from a 24" barrel.The smaller 7's are not as fast IME, not at pressure I'll live with day to day.

I have not encountered any ofthe problems Wrangler John mentions above.

I am not wildcat guru...this thing is stupid simple, maybe superfluous today,but it takes a back seat to no 7 mag on the market today.

Last edited by BobinNH; 07/13/11.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.