Inline Inertia Driven shotguns have a lot of recoil, I had a Benelli and it also jammed after 10 boxes of shells on the dove field. The Benelli also turned my shoulder green from recoil(T shirt only as clothing).

I now have beretta 391 and it is a pussy cat compared to the recoil of the benelli.

Guess what guns they provide to shooters in Argentina when shooting Doves???? Answer, Beretta 390's and 391's in 20 ga.
You can forget about the Beretta's having to be cleaned often.

Krueger, if you shot the Benelli first, then the Beretta, your shoulder was sensitve from that hard kicker. Next time, shoot the beretta first, then the Benelli...it rock your world.

In an inerta driven shotgun, the only thing that absorbs recoil is a rubber bushing on the back of the bolt and in the rear of the action, the rest of the recoil goes to your shoulder.

I'll eat a rat before I own another Benelli anything, kicking bastards! Of course, after you put down $1200+ on a shotgun, it is hard to admit you just got the schitt kicked out of you.

I shoot my Beretta in Sporting Clays, some loads run hot. It is easier to recover for 2nd and 3rd shots with a shotgun that kicks less, Clay targets and live game.

My coyote loads run 1 5/8 oz of #4 Buckshot at 1300 fps, this load really tells if a shotgun is helping you out in recoil. My Benelli felt like a Rem 870 in recoil, while there was a noticable difference in Recoil reduction between the Benelli and a Remington 1100 and Remington 11-87 and even less recoil in the Beretta 390 and 391. Even a Browning Gold had much less recoil than the Benelli.

If you are even the least recoil sensitive, shoot heavy loads in light clothing, looking for fast recovery time for follow up shots, get a gas operated shotgun.

I shot a the new Rem gas operated auto last Sunday and it has very little recoil, also. The new Rem gas auto has a totally different gas design than the 1100, 11-87, and Beretta.