Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Originally Posted by Gath_Sten

I’ve personally seen a badly misplaced gut shot on an elk at 600 yards with a .370 Sako Mag that took the animal down, and while it didn’t dye immediately, it never got up. With a 30-06 there would have been a wounded animal heading for cover. I know it’s a controversial topic, but massive injury anywhere in the body can cause the onset of shock that kills even with all the vital organs intact. It’s similar to how blunt trauma kills.

Im still wanting to hear more on this one...what kind of shock would that be? Hemmoragic, neuro, what? If it was a hemo based shock a vital organ or artery had to be damaged at some point to cause the blood loss? Short of damage to the brain itself all death is brought about by a lack of perfusion to the vitals, whether it is caused by damage to the circulatory, respiratory system or a loss of fluids.

I feel proper bullet construcion and placement is far more important that a couple thousands of bullet diameter or a belt on the case. I have seen people get into trouble because they could not control what they thought was the best choice of weapon but I have yet to see anyone saved because their poor shooting was offset but a larger caliber, more speed etc.

Exactly he gives no details of what organs/tissue was hit

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first