Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bluegillman
my 2 pennies. if you are to wimpy to carry a 9 pound rifle .you have absolutly ZERO chance of packing out an elk quarter. stay home and oil your rifles. or road hunt........

That is correct bluegillman, rifle weight and packin' out meat are not the real test in an emergency situation, we were pushing out a bowl to try and run something over an old gentleman that had left and set up an hour earlier.
I saw him down and poppin nitro pills, I hollered and we all ran up to where he was, I handed my rifle to one of the other guys, loaded the old man up on my back and headed out of the timber down the mountain with him while his son was calling 911.
We reached the trailhead and met a life flight whirly bird that took him to the hospital in Grand Junction, he had 3 stints installed and survived cool, packin' a 175 lb. man out in a hurry while running bent over frontwards is a hell of a chore, and it didnt hit me till the copter was hummin' off in the distance, I fell over and nearly had to call them back to get me to grin

Gunner

Your a Good man Gunner ..someone raised you right