GaryVA -

Good luck on your rehab. During the last several years my wife has had a hip and two shoulder replacements (due to leukemia treatments) so I know how the hard the road back can be.

My hunting buddy would be crazy to want to carry a 9 pound rifle, too. Diabetes has left him with shoulder joint damage and he had shoulder surgery a couple years ago. He is not back to where he was physically and it is not likely he ever will be.

Should my hunting buddy "stay home and oil your rifles. or road hunt........ " as suggested above? As far as I'm concerned, "Hell, no!" We will still be hunting elk together in early November and if we succeed we will figure a way to get the meat out, even though he probably can't lift a quarter onto his shoulder any more.

Hope you get back in the field soon. I'd be interested in knowing what you choose to carry when you do.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.