I already have 2...but they are not what I am really wanting.

I really, really like the .338 Win Mag. I have not killed a ton of stuff with it, but it's my favorite cartridge for some reason.

I would like a .338 up and ready as my Go To rifle any day of the year for any quarry. I have almost a half ton of other rifles and some specialty rifles. A few short barreled "brush guns", a Classic 30-06 and some other semi custom rifles.

I want a 26" tubed lefty .338 Win Mag. I won't waver, I just do.

My question is: rebarrel a factory LH Winchester 70 Classic that is already a .338

OR:
Wait for MRC to release their factory rifle in LH 338?

The current Winchester 70 LH 338 was hard to find. It's flawless and feels sooo good. And it has a 26" tube. It's blued/wood, which isn't a deal breaker.

I had a Limbsaver installed and fitted very nicely. I started with factory bedding and barrel pressure. Then bedded the action with pressure. Recently removed all barrel contact with forearm. Only shot one group with it, but it's just not quite as I'd like. Close to MOA. But I want to launch some high BC Accubonds at more than 200 yards with the intened rifle. Not sure if re-crowning would do anything or what other tricks I could do to tune it in further. Can rebarrel for $500 or more I guess.

The MRC-I have 2 rifles/actions from them. I know they've been suspect on many issues prior. They even kinda got schitty with me when the charter actions FINALLY showed up 2 years after intended delivery.

My second, a CZ 3 made by MRC, went back for a new barrel, squaring and eventually got a some lug contact when the bolt was engaged.

But in speaking with Jeff recently, he assured me his was a whole new outfit/operation and their rifles are nothing like what rolled off the floor in '04.

Theirs is only a 24" tube, which is close to a deal breaker. But it's to be offered in stainless and with a B&C Medalist stock I believe.

Money IS an object. Is there a true, clear-cut direction I should focus my efforts?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....