Guess I lost most of you along the way:

I have shot A LOT of groups with it. I was never impressed with any of them. I have run 210 TSX, 210 TTSX, 225 Accubond, 225 Hornadys and 250 Hornadys. The Accubonds REALLY sucked, which was the bullet I most wanted to shoot well.

And I stated above that I have already tweaked the Winchester 70 338 (Yes, I already own one). I started with factory specs and shot for accuracy...multiple groups. All sucked. Then I bedded the action. Still sucked. Then I made sure the barrel was totally free floated. Still not impressed.

The MRC production rifle is "supposed" to be a fully up and running rifle with a full finished action. Not the rough cast actions we recieved in '04.

And the issue is that this is not intended to be a Weekend Warrior rifle for some Dude from PA to pull out of the closet for a 98 yard shot and be satified with the accuracy.

Here in eastern WA, and with additional hunts to neighboring Idaho and Montana, shots can be at the Boot Laces all the way out to as far as one can see. I do not care to be limited by sub-par rifle accuracy.

A 4" group off a sand bag at 200 yards translated to about 6" with a decent field rest short of a bipod and rear bag. At 300 yards things are getting pretty dicey without wind and other BS. Not what I am hoping for.

Last edited by Jesse Jaymes; 09/20/11.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....