I agree on load develoment and tuning of the existing rifle. Have you glass beddded the action and recoil lug yet? MAde sure the barrel free floats as it should? If it were mine I would (after bedding) 1) Firelap the hail out of it 2) have the barrel set back and re-crowned then 3) have it re-chambered to 340 WBY or 338/8mm RemMag aka 340 Tyrannosaur (have one, its my favorite all around go to kill soomething NOW rifle). 225gr TTSX bullets at 3100fps will kill, right now, near or far. You could also do just 1) and 2) with just a 338WM chamber going in at the end and be quite well off if 338 WinMag is still the eventual goal. If you REALLY want a new barrel, send the whole rifle to PacNor and have them true up and blueprint the action, then correctly install one of thier barrels. For about $600 +/- you would be all set. Still would go a slightly longer version of fast 33, though. Speed kills..... speed is GOOD....... smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500