Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Guess I lost most of you along the way:

I have shot A LOT of groups with it. I was never impressed with any of them. I have run 210 TSX, 210 TTSX, 225 Accubond, 225 Hornadys and 250 Hornadys. The Accubonds REALLY sucked, which was the bullet I most wanted to shoot well.
I didn't get lost; rather you misled us. You said you made some modifications, shot one group that sucked and now want to move on. Move on if you want, buy the MRC if you want, continue to sing your praises (several kills over 450 yards) if you want, but I get the feeling you have not the first clue what you really want nor could you find the road to get you there. A shooter that wants/needs an accurate rifle knows how to get one. Your posts are suspect of being pure BS.

The answer to your question is very, very simple. If you really want to know what to do, take your model 70 and have it rebarreled (select a barrel to your specs 26" 338 WM) by a reputable smith/barrel maker which will set you back $400-600 total. If accuracy and performance are really your desire, order a McMillan from Rick. Then have the new barreled action bedded in the Mickey and the rifle's accuracy will not be a question. You can do all of this for around $1000. That's the most certain way to get what you want--have it built your way.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.