Everyone has a reason for where they purchase most items. Don't know the markups between distributor, authorized dealer and the little guy when it comes to firearms.

Have two little local stores close by that I frequent. In the past I have purchased firearms from one and had firearms sent to the other.

The one I have bought from will usually not have what I want, and I will ask if they can get it and how much. They look it up, say yes and quote the price. They know what the competition charges and in the past have said, "Here's my cost, add $50-$75."
"OK get me one." I'm glad to have them around for the often overlooked little things that sometimes popup, such as: "You still hunting Grouse?" "Yes." "Well then me see if I can get you on such and such place. Now you will not be allowed to hunt Deer, but perhaps Grouse."

The second place I essentially just buy stuff from. Have had a private transaction shipped to his place twice. What did they want for a transfer fee? Nothing. The last time I said no, how much. "OK, give me $25, but you don't have too. Just remember were here if you need something."

Third place, I just remembered. Back when you couldn't get primers, I stopped in and asked if they had any. "How many you want?" "I'll take whatever you can let go." "Ok 400 for now." Regular price, no excessive markup.

Someone had a pharmacist for a wife. She work in an independent, hospital or chain? Odds are hospital or chain. Gone are the days of the kid getting sick late and calling up the local guy late and have them open up and take care of you. Yes, today if you live in suburbia a 24 hour chain will be relatively close, but it's not the same.

Addition: Pull into the 24hour pharmacy, unknown to the Pharmacist, with a needed narcotic prescription, from a Physician they are unfamiliar with. It may be a long night.

Some times it's worth paying extra. Sometimes not.

Last edited by battue; 11/22/11.

laissez les bons temps rouler