Lynn,
I am a sincerely happily married (to Snow White) guy who enjoys your posts and reads nearly all of them. Please quit listening to your naysayers and remember who your friends are. I consider you a kind and compassionate friend. Nothing anyone else says will ever change my mind.
Folks 'round here don't like me any too much either. Sometimes I am a real butthead but I am always me and that is the very thing that I like about you. Be yourself. You will always have my ear, not that I am all that great but you can always get a listen here.
As far as the topic goes, I am a 1 woman man. Old 'n set in my ways, who is married to God's greatest gift to me. But to answer your original question, yes it has happened to me. No I didn't mean it the way it was verbalized. AND.... I was forgiven for it by my true love who knows that I had a life before I was hers.
Woe unto anyone who insists on insulting either of us as we are not able to be separated by petty mistakes and slips of the tongue when the brain is not fully engaged. Any person worthy of your attention should be able to exhibit this trait and forgive you for any slight real or imagined. Only then will the recriminations and other idiocy stop and never be mentioned again.
Happiness is forgiveness and the realization that your sweetheart holds your love and affection to be more important than any absent minded stupidity that may slip out of either of your mouths when stressed out and most importantly ..... that you share this philosophy and are prepared to reciprocate in kind should the occasion demand.
Lynn, maybe you should let the matter drop and stop kicking yourself. You are a nice person and you know it, otherwise it would not matter. Time will tell how he deals with it and whether he is for you. Be patient and stop worrying.

Flower Child