Thanks for the help and ideas guys. So now in the last couple days I got a fuel pressure gauge and regulator. I put the gauge in first and it read at 8 psi, which from what I've found is within the range it should be, but I figured I had the regulator so I tried it. I put it on wide open and it read over 9 psi and with it running I cranked it down to 6 psi, but no change. It still ran poorly. So I pulled them off and ran the fuel line directly from the pump to the carb again. I pulled the wires and cap, and I did find one wire that was all corroded up at the clip where it snaps over the plug. So I replaced that one and a couple others that were sitting too close to the headers with wires that had 45 degree booties. I also replaced the ignition module. One thing to note is that all 8 of the plugs were carboned up really bad, as in it wouldn't just wipe off on my coveralls, I had to scrape it off with a knife.

So tonight with a new module, and good plug wires I tried her again. She fired up and idled, but didn't sound quite right. At higher rpm is sounded better/smoother, but at idle it wasn't a purr. I can't really describe it but it just didn't sound right. I took it out and drove it around for about 10 minutes and it just got worse, to the point it stalled. To get it to start I had to floor the accelerator and wait and after a few seconds the rpms picked up and I limped it back in the shop.

I think I've now exhausted all I can do with my limited knoweledge myself. A buddy offered to let me borrow a timing light, but I don't know how the heck to work on timing. When I pulled the cap off the connection points inside had a little buildup, but nothing that didn't scrape off pretty easy. The wires do look pretty old and it was a little rusty in there.

MAGA