I've been using the same Buck 110 folder since I got it from my dad for Christmas when I was 16 (1985). It's been thru 8 elk, a few mulies, a dozen antelope, most of a moose and scores of ducks and geese. Yes I've sharpened it but many times it was only a slight touch up, not really a sharpening.

Last year I bought one of Outdoor Edge's Flip and Zip with the blaze orange handle. It's got the folding blade and the best gut blade I've used. The folding blade has done a mule deer, 1 elk and 3 antelope and I haven't even touched the blade up yet! It still shaves hair off of my arm (my wife hates when I do that)!

I like using the folders for the simple fact they are compact and I can keep them on my belt. I've tried to keep a fixed blade on my belt but they end up riding shotgun in my daypack.

Shoot straight,
Elk Country

Last edited by elkcountry; 12/17/11.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!