Originally Posted by cooperfan
FYI---Nitrile gloves are cheap and work great.

cooperfan;
Thank you for that I do appreciate it.

In the spirit of full disclosure you aren't the first that has made the suggestion to me upon seeing those photos. blush

For reasons I'm unable to articulate at present when either gutting animals, skinning or cutting meat I don't prefer to wear gloves.

The truly ironic thing here is the fact that I literally live in these at work nowadays after a mechanic friend recommended them to me.

http://www.watsongloves.com/catalogdetails-work-5555PF--Grease_Monkey.htm

Prior to finding these 8mil jobs, we used a lot of 5 mil nitrile gloves in both the cabinet finishing department where I spend most of my day at work or when wrenching on any broken machines.

Lastly, as a long time Occupational First Aid attendant there, we've been using gloves to reduce our risk of contacting blood borne pathogens for years.

Anyway, with apologies for taking so long with my response but hopefully you are able to see the humor and irony of a fellow who lives in nitrile gloves but doesn't use them when he's hunting? I know - crazy blush

For what it's worth though, the Grease Monkeys are the toughest nitrile gloves I've used, while still maintaining a reasonable amount of tactile feeling for your fingers.

Thanks again for the suggestion sir and all the best in the upcoming Christmas season.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"