I knew pretty much all of that, haven been back and forth across that state a billion times during High School and College...plus just going up there from VA... I always love PA and folks from there... well, Philly doesn't thrill me... never did..

spent tons of times at Gettysburg after I got my drivers licenses... there and Harper's Ferry were our two favorite places to go to for me and my buddies..

I could also tell ya some one from PA by asking them to pronoun TWO words....Folks from PA have influences in their accents from New Jersey, whether they think so or not...and then also from south of them toward Maryland and VA...

I never realized it until I had a boss in Minneapolis in 79, and I asked him where he was from in PA? He looked puzzled and asked me who told me that he was from PA... I told him no one did, his accent did....He responded, I don't have an accent!

Uh yes you do...

Say Beautiful for me...they'll say beu-de-ful like they say in Joisey..

Say hour for me....then they will say I'er like we pronounced it in Virginia...

Voila, you're from Pennsylvania..he just scratched his head and laughed.. guess I never thought about... Yes I am from PA...

I think growing up as a military dependent, you just paid closer attention to accents.. and where they come from...

the internet, TV and the media, plus the country, moving around more than they use do has washed a lot of accents away, compared to what they were before the late 80s..

I've long since lost the touch, but I even use to be able to tell what southern state someone came from, just by the way they said certain words or phrases...

I can pick out people from New England, where I went to college..

had a neighbor when I first moved to Oregon, that I was talking to one day, and I asked him where in Massachusetts did he come from? He told me "I'm not from Massachusetts, I am from California... what makes you think I am from Massachusetts???"

he almost seemed pissed about it... but my response was, I don't care how long you have lived in California, but you are from Massachusetts or at least New England"..

"how can you tell that??" by the way you say Forty and the way you say God, and corner for instance....

My Gawd, how did you know that?? so I had him say Forty, "Fw'aty", now say Corner, "Co'nah", now say Door, "Doah", now say Visa.. "Veeser"....

Yup, you're from Boston...." my Gawd, my family moved to California when I was 8!!!" even tho he was in his 70s, he still hadn't lost all of that accent...

myself, my roots are WVa and Virginia, right on the state line, west of Roanoke.. I call it hillbilly'bonics, but I haven't lost my accent, if I get mad or am around another southern, it comes right back out according to my son and wife...in fact first time they were around my family back there, they couldn't believe how my accent reverted back to its based within 5 minutes...

those from down that way, and/or still hear the real old hillfolksw speak it, know what a TAR is... a TAR ARN, or plain old ARN is.... and What a FAR is...just for examples..

a TAR is put on your car's wheel rim...

you use a TAR ARN to put it the wheel off and on the vehicle..

you use an Iron to ARN your clothes

you put a Lowg on the FAR to keep warm...
ya love to eat 'taters and 'maters....

ya know what spoon bread is..or wilted salad...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez