I hit a deer in my own drive way when I arrived home from being downtown.

(Of course that was before we waged war on the Does.)

Another thing was in the not so far past, just about everyone had a nickname. Your were "Huffy", "Smash", "Speed", "Horse," or some name that for some reason stuck. And stick it did, because you had it forever. Your dad may have been "Big Mike" and your Mom may have been "Toots" or "Queenie". However, that particular tradition seems to have faded.

A couple more local town names:

Turtle Creek, Wilmerding, Widnoon, Putneyville, and you could live in the township of Cowanshannock. Many of the town names in my area had names that were connected in some way to the Eastern Indian Nations.

Another thing was in the small town I grew up in we had an Italian Club, a Polish Club, and a Slovok Club. Funny thing was you could be Irish and belong to all three. grin

Some things keep coming back. About 5 years ago a bunch of the old gang got together at the Polish club. I got there late and there were about 7 guys at the bar.
I said to the bartender give all of them a drink. Most got a beer and a couple the Pa State drink which would be a shot and a beer. Total tab was $7dollars and change.

Last edited by battue; 01/23/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler