[Linked Image]

btw I was shocked and amazed to find the 375 H&H manlicher carbine from sako has a 2 piece stock, what happened was that the recoil caused the front section thats abut 8"-11" long (the joints under the front barrel band) and the metal cap to move forward, I removed the stock, inspected it closely then took a router and cut twin parallel 17/64 grooves about 6" long under the barrel channel, in both the forward and main stock pieces ,then carefully measured and dropped 2 11" long sections of threaded 1/4" steel rod into the grooves and test assembled the stock with a piece of duct tape holding the thread rods in the grooves, when I found it didn,t bind and there was sufficient clearance as I expected I removed the stock,from the action and used bedding compound to epoxy the thread rod in place, and a layer of plastic wrap in the barrel to allow the stock modified with epoxy, to not glue to the barreled action, after reassembly, so the stock stabilizing re-enforcing rods would be cured and hardened in the proper position , once that was hard, (I let it set up two days) I carefully dis-assembled and cleaned up the epoxy and used a dremel tool to clean every trace of epoxy that was close to touching the barrel.
I found the mod helped to give a bit better accuracy and it also prevented the front stock section from moving forward under recoil.
I then went back and gave the rifle action a traditional bedding job with brass pillar bedding and the result of both mods was that the rifle holds about a 1.1" 5 shot group off the bench rest at 100 yards and occasionally a 3/4" 5 shot group

Last edited by 340mag; 01/29/12.