Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by Maverick940
Overflow can be a royal pain-in-the-ass. I've gone through a few times. One time ended up thigh-deep in the stuff at -40 something. Wasn't fun. I was a long way from the cabin. It's a risky business.

Fortunately it was only as deep as my boots, so wet feet and socks. But man, that nice light tundra get's aweful heavy when the track is packed full of slush.

My boy managed to get across the overflow and into nice deep wet snow before getting stuck the second time. He saw some open water and wisely shut the machine down. After walking through the overflow and digging the snow I was able to get the nose and tracked moved enough to climb out of the hole he parked it in and powered back across the overflow. He got to walk back laugh

I found a good thread on what to do when dealing with a stuck in overflow situation:

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=448197

I need to add a few items into the don't leave the trailhead without it kit.

I know how heavy those things can be. I always bring a come-along and a length of stout nylon in the tarpaulin-covered sled behind the machine. One time on a spring bear hunt, a client stuck the Bearcat in overflow and that was miserable. The both of us ended up being wet from head to toe trying to get that one out. Just another day at the "office".