what I ride, depends upon where I'm going and conditions

mostly 98 Summit X 670

or my old 92 Indy 500 both have saddlebags, which I love, but I leave em stock, I don't like to wrench

new to the stable for me 2007 Skandic wide trac, 550 fan my new farm machinery for pulling sleds into and especially uphill away from our cabin

bought it from a guy in Salcha a few days before Xmas, I didn't own a sled as clean as this one, it's pretty cherry with only 3K trail miles on it, though it did need new skags pretty badly, bastids are $120, maybe they were road miles? (grin)

on the way out to look at it, she texted me "buy it if you want, but I was gonna surprise you with a brand new sled this Xmas"

(there's a chance she got my number mixed up with the pool boy's I suppose)

told her "you know me better than anyone dang near, new doesn't interest me, someone else taking the depreciation hit does"

mom rides a 2002 Indy trail classic it's a 550 fan cooled bought it brand new for her guess 10 years ago, she doesn't put a lot of miles on it cept to the cabin, the kids "borrowin" it have probably put dang near as many miles on it as she has!

for the kids we have a 93 Indy lite GT, man I love that little sled

and a '92 Starfire, can't wait to get rid of it, but guess with having a grand daughter I'll just keep it and gift it to her

just broke the news to my cabin neighbor last night, he's inherited my '82 moto ski spirit (think Elan) he was looking for a cheap sled for his wife, they mostly mush dogs, but sometimes he'd like her to have a sled so they don't have to double up on his bearcat

first I told him $200, but went to the cabin the weekend before this one, snowshoed over to his cabin as I heard the dogs through the woods and his 67 year old wife was there solo, been down there 4 days with just the dogs for company, she seemed pretty content, but happy to have a visitor that said a few words back.

when I went back my cabin I thought about how much that old place means to me, and I'd never got it, if her husband hadn't told me about it when it came up for sale.

sooo I got to figurin $0 was a mite cheaper than $200 and it would give me a grin ever time I saw it knowing I gave Dave a little something back

that's it on sleds for me, though I've bought and sold a few others over the years. as you can see by my list I'm better at buying than selling. (grin)

not worth takin pix of em, but I do enjoy that mode of transportation. Made for a lot of memories and miles of smiles, also taught me some new cuss words too

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.