1B,

I only have purchased 5 No.1 hornets in factory condition(recounted today). Three of them were purchased post 2000 new/preowned for 500 or less, the last two were purchased preowned last year, one for 450 and the other for 500 if that matters to you. Nice wood/metal, not beaters by any means.

I am not sure why you would have a comment about where anyone lives, some might take it the wrong way. It really is meaningless to most.

I have an appreciation for the Hornet, but with a custom barrel, mostly in the 17 and 22K varieties. I have not tried the Lil Gun powder yet in a standard hornet, but the net says it gives pretty good speed.

I agree trade in value is not much on a No.1, at least in some localities. To sell one is a little different on occasion, but you have to find the right new guy. I have read on other forums about buying no.1's. It seems to vary with region or occasion with some forums/posters.

I have no idea about whether the original poster or others like the No.1 hornet or not, he asked about pricing, and I tried to respond. I would be hesitant to give 500+ unless I did some research on sales in my area or just wanted the rifle which might be the case irregardless of price.