Dick D, so far you are the only one that understands the question that I asked. Thank you very much for taking the time to check to see if the floor plate fits. Are you with McMillan? The rep at PT&G told me that they make the bottom metal units for Winchester, so they fit the inletting of of the stock, perfectly. I just wanted to know if the floor magazine plate would fit as a back-up plan. My first choice is to use the PT&G unit because it weighs 2.5 ounces with the floor plate ( the piece they hinges open, Winchester calls it a FLOOR PLATE in their parts catalog. PT&G told me on Monday that my unit would be shipped on this past Monday when I called them on that day. Some how, I don't think so. This is Wednesday and my card has not been charged as of 5 minutes ago. I won't believe I can get that part until I actually have it in my hand. So, as a back-up I was going to buy the one piece trigger guard/mag well from Winchester and use my stainless steel floor plate on it, as long as it will fit, instead of wasting my money, buying another steel mag floor plate from Winchester for it. Using the steel floor plate with the Winchester aluminum one piece trigger guard/ mag well, I will only save about an ounce and a quarter over my all steel 2 piece that came from the factory on my rifle. With the one piece PT&G unit (also has aluminum floor plate) I could save 3.75 ounces. But, from the service I have received from PT&G so far, it looks like their product is vaporware and all I will be getting from them is lip service.

Last edited by rj308; 02/29/12.