The Federal Food Guidelines have been refined a bit, but they are still a long way from our usual eating habits.
To give you an example, most of us get 43% of our calories from fat, and 30-40% from proteins. And we eat no where near the 5-7 fruits and vegetables that the FFG's recommend.
The Federal Food Guidelines recommend 50% or more of our calories from complex carbs, which is down a bit from the 60% originally suggested and 35% or less from fats, which is up from the 20% of the original guidelines. Why ? Because, unless you want to loose weight, it isn't necessary to go that low. Another reason is that it's very difficult to eat that much in complex carbs. But that is along way from saying it is bad advice or nonsense.
The real problem is that nobody will even try them. I have. And still do. Not perfectly, but pretty close.
I rarely get even a head cold anymore. My blood pressure and all my test are excellent. My resting pulse is about 52-55. My docor tells me I'm the heathiest person he knows in my age bracket. I'll be 68 in a few days.
So do carrying on guys. I'm in better physical condition, that means I can work the mountains longer and harder than I've ever been able to. Not so much because of my workout routines, but because of how I eat. We are, after all, what we eat. E