Don't know where the He** that sh** came out of my post, Jo. It is the same advice I have given MANY times to ANYONE online and off who wants to develope an accurate rifle. You're putting words and thoughts in that weren't intended. I didn't say anything about not posting...the one good thing AND bad thing about the net is it's INFORMATION RICH and questions are the only way to gain answers on OR off the net.

You want to do a search for my posts, I have stated basically the same thing over and over...I do sometime get a bit testy now and then, but on the whole my intent is on SOLVING a problem not dissing anyone...that sh** is just that...judging from some of the latest movies I can see WHY...and the reason I live in the boonies and only go to town twice a month.

Good accuracy is NEITHER costly OR time consuming, but good tools are required to allow solving the simple problems that plague the most where accuracy is concerned. I didn't learn what I know off the net...I've been at this game half a century and shot everything from benchrest to long range to steel to pistol etc, but advice is advice...just like anal apetures, everyone has one and both advice and what comes out of that apeture can smell and be the same thing.

The tools I indicated allow you to measure just about all the parameters you need to know to approach accuracy from a systematic point of view and reduce the cost of components which is where the real costs are.

Dial calipers, the Hornady gauges, a neck turner, good CHEAP jewelry digital scale and a chrono are basic to developing good loads and 200 bucks should cover all the costs and leave you change for a McDonalds.

A headspace gauge allows you to setup your sizer to minimum case "squish" so your cases have a long lifetime..the bullet gauge allows you to set your COAL for uniformity because bullet LENGTH is highly variable and the chrono lets you keep the pressure within limits by knowing the velocity.

I weight/ogive every box of bullets I buy and I do it during commercials or while watching a movie...WHICH IS MORE TIME CONSUMING...the same thing with cases...and I have a drill motor with case holders for the various case head sizes and I can turn 100 necks in a couple of hours...about 45 to 60 seconds per case. Once that is done you don't have to do it again and once the bullets are sorted and the odd ones tossed into the fouler box then you don't have to do that again...just reload and shoot.

ALL THIS INFORMATION and much more is readily found on the net with a little bit of searching...

It's YOUR CHOICE, YOUR SHOOTER AND YOUR POCKETBOOK...I HATE wasting money on components when developing loads so I buy good, cheap tools...chumpchanging a few bucks on tools is false ecomony and just means you spend several times that money on bullet holes that don't tell you squat.

EOF