Originally Posted by lauren

Nope. Leave it alone.

But I would sell it because I expect demographic shifts will gradually soften the collector market. (More collections coming on the market than new collectors getting started.)

I too think this may be the gist of it. How the hell can any ordinary guy get into this stuff?
Why would mr. ordinary want to? Is this stuff going to keep going up?
I did hear a gold bug say one day.."I can't tell you if gold is going up or down tomorrow, but I can tell you in ten years it will be less than it is today"

I've had a lot of thoughts similar to Lauren as far as how the demographics will likely change in the not-too-distant future. A lot of guys who collect vintage guns come from a very different demographic. It used to be more people lived rural vs. in the cities. In the last 50 years that has flipped. While so many of us grew up hunting, fishing, shooting and so on; it's much more common for young people to have no connection to the outdoors. I also know some gun dealers complain that all the younger people are interested in is, "black guns." I've had these thoughts for years yet the best antique and vintage guns keep going up in price. Look at the prices Wes Adams guns fetched recently at the Julia auction. I predict one thing - most of those guys who were buying and bidding on Wes Adams guns won't be buying and bidding 20 years from now. And Lauren is right, some of this stuff is priced so high that it is very difficult for new collectors to break in.