Okay, now after you cut your wads down to size, fit them in the cases, but not all the way down.

Get some acrylic/silicone bathroom sealant/caulk, and squeeze some out on a piece of cardboard. Use some sort of tool thingy to spread some silicone caulk on the wad petals. This will serve to glue the wads into the cases, so they don't fall out when you're walking around with them in your pockets. Again, don't ask me how I know this.It's a long story and it involves a washing machine and a very expensive repair bill.

Just glue the damn wads into the cases.

[Linked Image]

Now you're ready for the shot! Isn't this exciting?

I like #12 shot for most purposes. I'll show you why a bit later. You can buy #12 shot, which some people call "dust", from Ballistic Products Inc. They're on the innanet and if it can be fit into a shotgun of any kind, including a 45 Colt handgun, they sell it.

[Linked Image]

I also use #8, or better yet #9 shot, for squirrels and flying targets like claybirds, starlings, and such like.

Put your shot in a powder pan, like this, and pour the shot into the wad/case combo. You want the shot to come almost up to the rim of the case. Use a 3/8 or 5/16 bolt to tamp down the shot. You'll need to add a bit more shot on top after that, to bring the shot load up to within about 1/8" of the rim of the case.

[Linked Image]

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars