Originally Posted by FOsteology
I am proud to be part of the 52% who actually pays taxes. I just cut a substantial check to subsidize the 48% who pay NOTHING!

Just paying my "fair share".

The part that chaps me is the solidly wealthy people I know who make a career out of paying nothing.

We stopped using a client of Jeanne's that was doing our taxes for the last two years, he gets two different leased Mercedes (a year) that are the big guns $100K plus models, he owns two condos on Vancouver Island, it doesn't sit well with us that someone doing as well as he does pays no taxes. We make a small fraction of what he does and pay more. We get together with them two or three times a year and every time I see him he has a different AMG or 550/600 class something.

I try to tell myself it's not his fault, he's just taking advantage of loopholes that were creatively designed to help people like him pay no taxes. Loopholes that take money to take advantage of.

Last year he wanted us to pay into an investment corporation designed to create losses that could then be claimed by us as investors. We were to pay $20k to negate our $50K+ liability, we told him we weren't interested in it.

Last edited by 243WSSM; 04/13/12.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.