Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Harvey did some interesting pieces on various pistols I was interested in at the time, but other than that, I never took his words too seriously, I thought his "in depth testing" of various pistols way off the mark.
Unlike our Dogzapper, who's stuff has always been "spot on", even if you have to read between the lines (like those WSSM articles). I got a pretty big grin out of those, BTW.

Ratsmacker,

So you caught that one?

I had to be soooo careful on the WSSM article. The dude who did the graphite barrel wrap and such was my editor's nephew. The nephew supplied the rifle and gobs of technical data that he wanted published.

Writing that piece absolutely crossed my self-imposed line in the sand .... it violated my writing ethics. Regrettably, all I could do was to write the silly piece and to do it in such a way that it screamed out to my regular readers "Don't even think about buying this piece of CRAP."

Same comments about the Remington EtroniX rifle. It was junk, but it was editor-assigned junk. So I had to write it ... and I wrote it to caution my regular readers against wasting their money on junk.

I'm absolutely delighted to be out of commercial writing. Writing for myself and a very few friends is abundantly more rewarding.

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397