OK, here are the gory details. I shot it cold, literally and figuratively. At least there was no wind.

I shot first with a Glock 30 SF. I fired from concealment, hands at my side, with a buttoned covershirt. It was pretty tragic. The picture:

[Linked Image]

I tried to imagine a couple of doubles, but I couldn�t get there. (It appears the 230 Blazers are not hitting square.) That is 4 misses outside the circle, 3 off paper. The low left one was shot weak hand, so it looks like I am grouping high right. That�s life. I was shooting too fast, as I had a lot of time left over at the end of every string except the kneeling shots. I don�t go for promotions, so kneeling is not something I practice with any regularity.

Now that I was warmed up, I decided to shoot my new �Lego Man� gun that I got last week. I shot 12 rounds on Sunday and it was doing fine with 48 ounce cooking oil jugs, so I set up again and fired rounds 13-22 from the gun. I forgot to bring the cheap kydex holster that came with the gun, so I put it in the pocket holster in my right front pocket and started with my right hand on the gun in my usual �orange thinking red� position. I don�t think that would have been any faster than drawing from a belt holster because I really wanted to be smooth and keep all my toes. I also started the weak hand string with the safety on. That went much better. The gun and the target, and then just the target.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Having seen the chatter about the FAST drill, I checked that out last night. I tried it with the P238. I used the same start position and put the reload loose in my left pocket. I did drop my final plate shot by a tiny margin, but I was happy that I pulled it off, including fishing the magazine out of my pocket in 8.49 seconds. With the Glock I bungled the reload really bad, missed one of the head shots, and was 3 seconds slower.

If this Sig shoots Gold Dots well, I think the 642 I have carried off and on for 22 years is about to be retired because I sure can�t shoot it like that! I have dies on order that should arrive later this week.

Good luck to all!

P.S. I need to thank TLEE for suggesting that cocked and locked carry of a P238 in a pocket is safe.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln