I was comparing notes with Jerry, known as Hi_Vel here on the campfire, about our individual creativity and inventions. I had already used and seen the value of his Scope Alignment Bar, but a tool to cure canted scopes, this had me salivating.

My invention is the large green one in the first picture and is used for recovering full rotation in your shoulder after rotator cuff surgery. Jerry's is the little white blob in the same picture.

My invention is for the Medical Journals as no one here will probably see the value of mine, so I will describe Jerry's as it is almost as simple and elegant as mine, hence the title of this thread.

The real value in the Reticle-Tru tool is that it doesn't incorporate a level, which can give a user too much confidence in an aspect of scope leveling, that could prove flawed. A level is only as good as you can mount it, as good as the level itself is and how well you could mount the level on the rifle and have the rifle square to the level.

Forget all that level stuff, I mounted the tool on my scope and put the rifle in the vise tipped to the right to show the value of the alignment in relation to the front sight and the center of the tang on this rifle. It is important that you use a constant to align everything on the rifle in accordance to the barrel and action, not aligning the tool to the center of the scope cap as it could be off-center and that is what you are trying to avoid.

Once the tool is mounted by simply attaching it to the rear of the scope with a special synthetic expansion memorizer, (rubber band) and then sighting the top and bottom points of the tool to the center of the barrel, I used the front sight on this rifle, and the center of the stock or tang of the action, to get a true reading of a perfectly vertical crosshair.

Then you look through the tool as if you were sighting the gun and see just how far off true vertical your scope really is. I have a bunch of rifles to correct as I have always held the gun up, judging vertical by how well I was actually holding the rifle in comparison to the earth and hoping I set the scope accordingly.

This tool simplified and perfected that process in one easy maneuver. This may not be the greatest invention next to my Therapy Device, but for the people reading here, it will no doubt have many more applications.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]