I've been using the Reticle-Tru tool some more.

I bought an H&R .22WMR with a 4X Bushnell Banner from a Fire contributor. This is one of the older Bushnell Banners made in Japan. They're actually pretty good scopes.

This one is mounted in the old style Weaver rings. I noticed the reticle was slightly off, so another chance to use the new tool.

The eyepiece on this scope is very slick and Delrin is a self lubricating, slick material. Even with two rubber bands, it was proving a challenge to not bump the tool and change the alignment.

I put a piece of blue 3M painters tape in the "V", which added just enough friction to lightly grip the ocular. I also used two rubber bands. I didn't have the slippage problem with matte finished scopes, just this one.

I held a ruler against the left side of the H&R action and indexed the left edge of the Reticle-Tru with the ruler. Worked perfectly.

With those old Weavers, I started with the reticle in perfect alignment, tightened the one sided screw set up and noticed how much the scope had shifted. I then started over with the same amount of opposite cant, then re-tightened the screws, pulling the scope into perfect alignment.

So, there are a couple of ideas with flat sided receivers and with old style Weaver rings. That's about the easiest alignment with old Weavers I've ever done in many moon of messing with those sorry things... frown

They're actually good, strong, low weight rings, just a pain to mount a scope with the reticle straight. This tool makes those old rings less of a pain... smile

DF

[Linked Image]