Lots more interesting stuff there Bob. Thanks again.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the toughness of the Sierra 41 cal 170 gr bullet and self defense.

While I did manage to mutilate that bullet at magnum revolver velocities at point blank range into water.

[Linked Image]

I have used the 170 Sierra on flesh and blood one time. I was forced to dispatch a large feral dog (80 lb female) a few years ago. I hit it from about fifty yds with the same load as used for the photo above. Except that the bullet was fired from the Marlin carbine.

The shot was true, centered on the forward ribs. But the dog jumped and ran for 125 yds before falling over. The bullet exited without a lot of damage on the off side.

Had the target been a human assailant, he could have inflicted a lot of damage upon the defending citizen before expiring. Of course, we all know there is no true "one shot stopper" without a CNS hit.

I would not be scared to take a deer with the 170 Sierra from the revolver, but the 210 XTP would, I think, be an even better choice.

What I would really like to see though, is an elk taken with that 210 gr Remington.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.